Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Need to change 2 different payments to a new checking

Customer Question
Need to change 2...

Need to change 2 different payments to a new checking account for direct deposit

Accountant's Assistant: What is your current age and retirement age?

We get social security but our checking accounts got hacked and had to get new checking accounts

Accountant's Assistant: What's your current age and retirement age?

54 and 75

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/30/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb