Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am a American citizen,Can I still get my SSI benefit if I…

Customer Question
I am a American...

I am a American citizen,Can I still get my SSI benefit if I move to other country??

Accountant's Assistant: Are there other sources of income (wages, interest, dividends, etc.)?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

Also do I still have my medicare benefit if I move to other country

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/30/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

If you are asking about Social Security benefits which are based on your working record - yes - you may continue to receive even if you are living abroad.
You also will be eligible for Medicare - but Medicare will NOT cover medical services provided by foreign medical facilities. You may receive medical services when you are coming back to the US only.

Let me know if you need any details.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.