Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a 2017 1099 form, and a copy of my award letter for…

Customer Question
I need a 2017...

I need a 2017 1099 form, and a copy of my award letter for 2018. How do I get these from SSA?

Accountant's Assistant: Was this a Form 1099 for interest, dividends, or government payments?

Government payments.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

NO, just those two forms. I am trying to purchase a residence.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/30/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to obtain copies from Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, click on "replacement documents."

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Thank you, ***** ***** help.

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Service was very helpful. Thank you. I rate Barbara with an eight, very good.