Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been on SSI for around at least 10 years.. I am now…

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on SSI for around at least 10 years.. I am now considered to be retire. Is both payments put together now. Is my SS money to equal the amounts already or is there to be any different between the 2 checks and the now 1 check. I thought that when I went off of SSI that there should be a payment.

Accountant's Assistant: Are there other sources of income (wages, interest, dividends, etc.)?

NO, only SS and VA

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 22 days ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. …. My name’s Lane,

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a couple of minutes while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

(If the site makes one of those automated phone call offers, that DID NOT COME FROM ME. It’s an automatic offer that the site throws up there, I’d be glad to discuss this over the phone but the site charges more for that. Only accept if you’d like a call.)

When you turn full retirement age (age 66 for those born between 1943 and 1954) your Social Security Disability Benefits BECOME (automatically switch to) retirement benefits.

...

You won't miss a check

...

You'll simply see some different letters on the check (or direct deposit advice slip)

...

And because of the "disability freeze" your check won't go down due to the years you didn't work.