Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am in need of assistance with questions relating to social…

Customer Question
Hello, I am in need...
Hello, I am in need of assistance with questions relating to social security. First, my husband has been approved for disability benefits through the state. He has also been receiving LTD disability benefits through his employer's insurance company (my husband has since retired). Here are my questions:
1) The state disability program has given my husband a lump sum for the back payments. My husband's LTD insurance company is now asking for all of the disability benefits paid to my husband since he has been approved for the state disability benefits. Do we have to return the money to the LTD insurance company? If so, do we have to return it as a lump sum or can we work out an alternate payment plan?
2) The LTD disability insurance company has calculated a new amount for their disability benefits. The total of the new LTD insurance benefits plus the state disability benefits amount is less than what my husband was receiving before he was approved for disability. Is the LTD disability allowed to reduce their benefits paid to that extent? I thought that they would only be able to reduce their disability payment amount by the social security amount paid to my husband.
3) My husband is using all of his disability amount towards health insurance for our family (we have two children and I am self employed with very little income). Do we have any options for supplemental disability income?
4) My husband is now qualified for Medicare because of his disability. Is there any way that he can add me and my two children to his Medicare policy that we are covered for health insurance?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Social Security Expert: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
Hello, yes, I would like assistance with my questions. Can you please facilitate?
Social Security Expert: dylatess, ATTORNEY replied 2 months ago
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY

You have posted multiple questions. If you would like to rephrase your question and post it again, I would be happy to assist you.

Hello. I would like clarification on your response. Am I only allowed one question? I have used the Justanswer.com service many times (I love the service) and this was the first time I have received a response like yours. Please let me know and we'll go from there.

You have posted multiple questions and have paid for one answer. Likewise, your questions are not simple yes and no replies.

Hello, the questions are all related. Are you not willing to provide a response to my questions? If so, can you please release my questions to another expert please? The money is not an issue to me.
Hello, yes, I am still om need of assistance. Can you please facilitate please?