Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I receive approx 19,000 per year in ss benefits I receive…

Customer Question
I receive approx...

I receive approx 19,000 per year in ss benefits I receive pension payments from the u.k. what tax rate do I pay on these benefits?? sincerely , M.J.W.

Accountant's Assistant: What's your current age and retirement age?

I am 77 and retired

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

Not at the mom thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/27/2018
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 2 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Tax rate is determined by your taxable income (total income after deductions) and your filing status. How much do you get in SS benefits (before any withholding for medicare or income tax)?