Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband has been receiving social security benifits for…

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been receiving social security benifits for the last 10 years. Long form for review sent.

Accountant's Assistant: What state is your husband in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Schaualed a Mental status by

Accountant's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken so far?

DDS and now they want him to go for internist exam. what should we expect.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

CA

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
Social Security Disability approved on 2008, base on depression , anxiety. Has never been reviewed.2 years ago changed insurance and he can't find any Psychologist or Psychiatrist to accept his insurance. His primary doctor did continue refiling his medications. February 2018 he got a letter for Review from social security. He showed up to his Mental status exam. Today he got another letter from DDS for internist exam in July.
He is very stress out, we wanted to know if it is a normal process and what to expect.
5/26/2018
Social Security Expert: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Social Security goes through reviews of people receiving benefits periodically, because medical conditions change and get better or sometimes even get worse. So the SSA does these certification exams every 10 - 15 years to make sure the recipient still needs the benefits or perhaps even may need more benefits.

If he is still disabled he should not be stressed out, he should just let the doctors do their work and report on his disability conditions.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.