Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Need a SSA 1099 form. Government to me. Trying to turn in…

Customer Question
Need a SSA 1099...

Need a SSA 1099 form

Accountant's Assistant: Was this a Form 1099 for interest, dividends, or government payments?

Government to me

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

Trying to turn in 2017 Taxes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/25/2018
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your award/earnings letter.

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY (And I'm attaching a set of instructions for setting it up)

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).