Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have a lady friend in the Philippines. she has a daughter.

Customer Question
I have a lady...

I have a lady friend in the Philippines. she has a daughter. Who's father was an America , he recently died . they mother applied for survivor benefits,

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The mother got a letter back from the social security office

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Stating that they have awarded the daughter $450.00 per month

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
the letter from the social security said that they can not pay that award at this time. the mother is very poor
she see that her daughter has ben awarded 750.00 dollars
now would like to recieve that money to support her daughter
they have responded to that letter but have recieved no reply.
can you tell me what the mom will have to do to secure that benefit for her daughter again the mother and daughter live in the philippines
4/3/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Services provided by Social Security Administration (SSA) are free of charge and include:

• Taking claims for entitlement to all types of Social Security Benefits, including retirement, survivors, disability, lump sum death
  • Processing applications for new or replacement Social Security cards
  • Processing all post entitlement issues: foreign enforcement questionnaire, change of address, direct deposit enrollment, non-receipt of check issues, etc.
  • Clearing earnings discrepancies
  • Handling Medicare enrollments and non-coverage issues

Contact Information:
Phone: (632) 301_2000_ ext. 9
Fax: (632) 708_9723_ and (632) 708_9714_
E-Mail: *****@******.***

Local Address: Social Security Administration

United States Embassy***** Ermita
Manila, Philippines 0930

Let me know if that helps.

do you have any idea why they are are not payment the benefit to the daughter
in your reply are u saying that she needs to go there to the embassy to get an answer?
what is your guess what SSS will ask her to do

The daughter should receive a letter from the SSA with explanation.

That letter provides all required information.

There is no need to visit an embassy. But contacting the SSA representative is recommended.

But as that is an issue where a personal information involved - the SSA will only discuss that issue with her personally OR with her legal representative.
She may call the SSA representative or write a letter requesting specific information or sending documents.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues