Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I do not have my social security statement for the year to…

Customer Question
I do not have...

I do not have my social security statement for the year to use in doing my income tax for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just need the statement for my person who is doing my taxes for the year.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I don't think so. I changed my address but have received the statement that tells me what I will be receiving this year to my current address.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
4/3/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

99037

Address:SUITE 100
714 N IRON BRIDGE WAY
SPOKANE, WA 99202

LOCATION IS IN REAR OF IRON BRIDGE OFFICE PARK AT THE INTERSECTION OF TRENT AND IRON BRIDGE WAY. TURN NORTH OFF OF TRENT ONTO IRON BRIDGE WAY. OFFICE IS IN THE LAST BUILDING ON THE RIGHT.

.

Phone:1-800_772_1213 TTY:1-800_325_0778

Hours:

Monday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Tuesday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Wednesday9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SaturdayClosed

SundayClosed

Let me know if that helps.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues