Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I receive SSI, my mothe just passed away and I just received…

Customer Question
Hello. I receive SSI...

Hello. I receive SSI, my mothe just passed away and I just received a small but much needed inheritance. Does this need to be reported?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Sure ... What else do you need to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not at this time, I believe there are other things up in the air, however with my mothe just passing, her attorney is getting that together.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
4/2/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes. You must report the inheritance to Social Security if you are receiving SSI.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb