Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I currently am receiving my social security benefits. and my…

Customer Question
Hi ... I...

Hi ... I currently am receiving my social security benefits. My name is Le***** ***** and my social security number is###-##-####. My social security is sent directly to my savings account at Brannen Bank and I want to change it and have it sent directly to my bank but to my checking account. How do I do this? thank you

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I don't think so. I am closing my savings account that's why I want to change it to my checking account. The interest rate doesn't pay like it use to and the bank is charging me too much for withdrawing my money and I am only suppose to make so many withdraws in a year and I have exceeded the amount. The bank is forcing my savings account closed.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 20 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
okay .... I have talked to my bank already and they advise me to make the changes on-line.

That is usually the best and quickest way.

Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 19 days ago

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY