Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I change the bank where my automatic deposit check…

Customer Question
How can I change...

How can I change the bank where my automatic deposit check goes?

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want the check to go to another bank, instead of First National Bank

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb