Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What ty[f of a lawyer do I need to represent me at a hearing…

Customer Question
What ty[f of a...

What ty[f of a lawyer do I need to represent me at a hearing for disability overpayment?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was on disability over 10 years ago and now they are saying that they over payed me to the tune of 85K I am going to request a hearing and feel more comfortable with a legal representative present I am willing to pay

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

OK I can wait awhile

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No While I was on disability I was in the military reserves and going back to school to get a higher degree to be more competative for market

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Social Security
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
don't have any scanned
3/31/2018
Social Security Expert: Andy4712, Tax Attorney replied 19 days ago
Andy4712
Andy4712, Tax Attorney

You can get a social security lawyer to help you:

https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/resources/social-security-disability/how-find-a-lawyer-help-you-fig

What state are you in? Usually the state bar can refer you.

Have you tried filing a waiver?

Here is some information:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-632.html

Social Security Expert: Andy4712, Tax Attorney replied 17 days ago

If you think I answered your question, then please hit accept. Otherwise, please reply. Thank you.

Andy4712
Andy4712
Andy4712, Tax Attorney