Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want to have withholding from my social security taken…

Customer Question
I want to have...

I want to have withholding from my social security taken out. I have the W-4V form to complete. It says do not sent to the IRS but to the payer. I used Turbo Tax to complete my tax form but paid what I owe by personal check, Also, question 4 ask for a claim or identification number? Is that just my social security number?

Accountant's Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Just where to send the W-4V

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/30/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You may print and fill by hand OR you may fill on your computer and print after that.

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find location.

20878
No. I was trying to get a social security number to call, didn't realize when asking the original questions that all these fees were going to pop up and this was not the IRS. The key was the form says not to send to the irs. Keep my $5.00 but i am not interested in a subscription.

Address:315 N WASHINGTON ST
ROCKVILLE, MD 20850

FROM THE NORTH: TAKE I-270 SOUTH TO EXIT 6A, MD-28/W MONTGOMERY AVE TOWARD ROCKVILLE. TURN LEFT ONTO MD-28/W MONTGOMERY AVE. CONTINUE ONTO MD-28/W JEFFERSON ST. TURN LEFT ONTO N WASHINGTON ST. THE OFFICE IS ON THE RIGHT. FROM THE SOUTH: TAKE I-270 NORTH TO EXIT 5, MD-189/FALLS ROAD. KEEP RIGHT AT THE FORK AND MERGE ONTO MARYLAND AVE. AFTER 1 MILE, TURN LEFT ONTO E MIDDLE LANE. TAKE THE 2ND RIGHT ONTO N WASHINGTON ST. THE OFFICE IS ON THE RIGHT.

Phone:1-800_772_1213 TTY:1-800_325_0778

Hours:

Monday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Tuesday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Wednesday9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SaturdayClosed

SundayClosed

You may either mail OR bring a signed form in person.

No appointment needed.