Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'll be 65 in June and already have early Social Security.

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'll be...

Second opinion] I'll be 65 in June and already have early Social Security. Can I continue with this plan, or do I need to change to Medicare.....

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to continue working, I have Florida Blue (Obamacare) and love this plan. I want to continue working and receiving early SS, but I'm told I need to change my insurance plan to Medicare!! Why ??

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I am sure there is, but don't know what questions to ask.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 2 days by:
4/1/2018
Social Security Expert: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question.

One of the reasons why for the change over to Medicare would be lower premiums and/or to have additional insurance, which could help. Your out-of pocket costs could decrease with Medicare. Part A is required to collect social security. But, Part B is not - however, they charge a late enrollment fee, if you do not sign up, upon retirement. The good news is Part A is usually free. If you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years of work, Part A is free.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.