Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife died last year on April 3, 01f. My wife died on

Customer Question
My wife died last...

My wife died last year on April 3, 01f

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My wife died on April 3 2017 at age 65. The only income she has was Social Security Disability. I didn't receive a 10-99 for her this year. I went to the Social Security Office here in Flagstaff, Arizona. I asked for a copy of my wife's 10-99 and I was told that if she was only receiving her SS Disability s

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My wife died april 3 2017. I went to the social security office here in flagstaff Arizona to get a copy of her 10-99. I was told I didn't need it if her income was only SS Disability. SS Disability was her only income. What di

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 25 days ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Please be aware that you may access online the account for the deceased person.

Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
86005
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Do i need her 10-99 if ss was her only source of income?

Address:2715 S WOODLANDS VLG B
FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001

FROM MILTON RD, HEAD EAST ON WEST FOREST MEADOWS ST. TURN LEFT ONTO S WOODLANDS VILLAGE BLVD. TURN RIGHT INTO WOODLANDS COMMONS COMPLEX. PARKING AVAILABLE IN COMPLEX. NEW OFFICE LOCATION SINCE 2011 IS 2715 S.WOODLANDS VILLAGE BLVD. THE PRIOR LOCATION ADDRESS WAS 1609 S PLAZA WAY.

Phone: 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778)

Hours:

Monday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Tuesday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Wednesday9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SaturdayClosed

SundayClosed

.

If you are filing a joint tax return - yes - you need to have that form and combine with your income.

But if you are filing your tax return separately - then you woudl not need that form.

Let me know if that helps.

Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 20 days ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor