Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What do I have to do to switch my monthly SS check direct…

Customer Question
What do I have...

What do I have to do to switch my monthly SS check direct deposit from one bank to another?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I would like to have my SS direct deposited to another bank. I am closing my present account! What do I need to do?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/28/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb