Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Date of Death 08/28.2016..Spouse, ***** ******. Husband was…

Customer Question
******- ******* Date of...

******- ******* Date of Death 08/28.2016..Spouse, ***** ******. Husband was drawing $1664.00 before death.

My SS was $1255. Why is my SS so low AFTER his death?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What else do you need to know ?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I don't know...I gave both SSA numbers. I thought the two amounts were combined after one spouse dies, and an adjustment was made...Is this not right ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/28/2018
Social Security Expert: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only

Are you of full retirement age?

Do you have some other pension you are collecting?

Have you set up an appointment for review with SSA?