Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

An elderly aunt died in Greece around 2009 who received

Customer Question
An elderly aunt died...

An elderly aunt died in Greece around 2009 who received Social Security. Unscrupulous people were taking care of her finances. Was it ever reported that she died. Name was Golfo Bachliotou and I think the SS# *****###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Do you need my SS # to answer the question?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Is what I told you correct and can you answer my question?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/27/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your aunt's personal information.

You can call Social Security directly at 1-800=772-1213 between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Provide them with the information you have given here and they will advise you if the death was reported. Have her name, Social Security Number, and date of birth available when you call.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb