Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Is it possible for me to change the date that I receive my…

Customer Question
Is it possible for...

Is it possible for me to change the date that I receive my SS check? If so How can I do that? Thanks.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My check comes on the 21st of the month and many of my bills come between he 18th and 21st.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/27/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, you cannot request a change of your payment date.

Social Security issues payments on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays of each month depending on what day of the month you were born.

Second Wednesday if your date of birth is between the 1st – 10th

Third Wednesday if your date of birth is between the 11th – 20th

Fourth Wednesday if your date of birth is between 21st – 31st

The following link contains the complete 2018 payment calendar:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2018.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you for my answer. It was helpful but I don't have any other questions at this time except will I get my $5.00 refunded back to me?Jan Tichansky

I will forward your concern to customer service on your behalf.