Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Tucker and I turned 65 in November 2017. When does your SS…

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I turned 65 in November 2017. When does your SS checks start. I applied at 62###-##-#### Please let me know what I'm suppose to do. Janice Jones Tucker

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I made to much money at 62-64 but since I've turned 65 what is the procedure to do to have my ss start?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I'm not sure I would like to know what to expect

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/26/2018
Social Security Expert: dylatess, ATTORNEY replied 3 months ago
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY

If you applied at age 62, but have continued to work, and you made more than $30000 each year, you lost likely wiped out any SS benefits you would get. But if you stop working, you can collect benefits now. Likewise, if you wait until age 66, you can work and earn as much as you can and it will NOT reduce your SS benefits. I suggest you go to any SS office and sit down with a counselor who can review with you your earnings statement and determine when would be the best time to start collecting benefits. Please accept my answer so that I am paid for helping you. Otherwise you paid for this service and I am not compensated. Thanks.