Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I can't find my social security w 2. Can I get a copy?, ss #

Customer Question
I can't find my...

I can't find my social security w 2. Can I get a copy?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My Name is***** ss ####-##-#### I live at*****Milton MA 02186

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so. I do have my medicare deducted and I have automatic bank deposit.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/26/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Please be aware that you may not access online account for deceased person.

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Let me know if that helps.