Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I was inquiring about military benefit to be added to my…

Customer Question
I was inquiring about military...
I was inquiring about military benefit to be added to my social security, as I was in te military in 1961 I did come down and fill out some papers, but I have never heard anything. My name is*****: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Social Security
3/26/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 26 days ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

If you were in the active military service from 1957 through 1967, special extra earnings are added to your earnings record when you apply for Social Security benefits.

You should be credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.

If you want to verify if these additional credits were actually reflected on your account - you will need to contact the SSA directly.

That will be private information to which only you personally may have access.

Let me know your zip code and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 25 days ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor