Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to get a copy of my deceased mother's tax forms…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get a copy of my deceased mother's tax forms for 2017 to complete her income tax filing.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am trying to get my mothers 1099 to complete her 2017 tax return. She became deceased on 4/5/2017. She last lived in my home.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Her name is ****************,, SS# ****************, DOB ****************,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;https://www.ssa.gov/signinPlease be aware that you may not access online account for deceased person.Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.Contacting your local Social Security office.The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.Let me know if that helps.
23086

Address:1834 WEST CARY STREET
RICHMOND, VA 23220

ONE BLOCK FROM MEADOW STREET AT INTERSECTION OF CARY ST AND GRANBY ST

.

Phone:1-800_772_1213 TTY:1-800_325_0778

Hours:

Monday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Tuesday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Wednesday9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Thursday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Friday9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SaturdayClosed

SundayClosed

Let me know if that helps.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor