Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I lost my card years ago. Can I get a relacement? I would…

Customer Question
I lost my card...

I lost my card years ago. Can I get a relacement?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I would just like to get a replacement card. Who can I write to and what do I need to show them?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No its very straight forward. No other issues

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Social Security
3/26/2018
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 26 days ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to contact Social Security Administration for a replacement card. You can make the request online if your qualify. Otherwise, you have to go to the local office. Click here for more information including documents you need to provide. Click here to see the document requirements.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law