Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have just become a widow. was a widow in 1986 and never…

Customer Question
I have just become...

I have just become a widow. was a widow in 1986 and never collected on my husband. Would I be able to collect on both or have a chance to see which would be the most?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you need to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My name is***** I was Ida w. Genovese before. My Madien name was Ida W Frontiero

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/24/2018
Social Security Expert: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

You are entitled to survivor benefits if you are over 60 (or 50 and disabled). When your second spouse dies, you cannot receive benefits from two deceased husbands at the same time. Ask the Social Security Administration to compare the records from your previous husband with those of your second husband so that you can claim the record that provides the greatest benefit.

I am happy to continue if you have further questions.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you for the answer. I would like to cancel the program and do not wish to continue. Please give me a number so I will not have to continue with this. I give him 5 stars

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.