Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

If a person is 79 years old and is going to work. Are SS…

If a person is...

If a person is 79 years old and is going to work. Are SS benefits effected?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 79 years old and on SS and have been offered a job. Will my benefits be effected?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

What else do you need to know?

3/24/2018
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Once you reach your full retirement age you can have unlimited earnings and your benefits will not be affected at all. While not very likely, your benefits may actually increase if your earnings are higher than your past average earnings.

However, if your earnings are high enough, your Medicare premium may increase.

emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser