Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a duplicate copy of my Social Security payments

Customer Question
I need a duplicate...

I need a duplicate copy of my Social Security payments (2017) so I can send information to the IRS in order to get my taxes done. There is an hour and half wait on the SS telephone number I am on and I fear it it the wrong number to get the information I need. I cannot find the statement you had already sent to me.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Is there a special person or number to get to the Retirement Accountant?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 1 month ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Wow, 1 1/2 hours; that's the worst I've heard. Not only that, the lines shut down a 7 PM EDT, so that's cutting it pretty close right now.

A much better way is to call your local Social Security office to make your request. The problem is that the local offices don't publish their telephone numbers. However, I can give you a link where, using your ZipCode, you can find the address and local phone number of the closest Social Security office.

You can also visit the office and obtain the information you need on the spot, but again excessive wait times may be the issue.

Here's the link & that should give you a better result.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Finally, you can also go online at http://ssa.gov and set up a "MySocialSecurity" account. Once you do that you can actually print out a substitute document which will give you the information you need for your tax return. That process will take a little longer, but you'll find that once you set that up, you will have all sorts of information available to you & the information is easily updated whenever necessary. If you choose to set up an account for yourself this way, please make sure you write down your PASSWORD, as if you lose it, it is a giant pain to recover it or to change to a new one.

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** for your help. My cell phone has been on with SS for over an hour. My concern is that I won't get the correct information from them. I will also check out my closest SS office as you recommended. I appreciate your help.You get **** from me. If you gave me a direct line to the local SS, you would have gotten all 5*. Have a better day than I have. You are still very good.

Well, I would have gladly given you a direct line to your local SSA office, but I have no access to your name, address, ZipCode or anything else about you unless you choose to divulge it. This is to protect your identity; for that alone we should rate 5 stars! :]

By the way, although you said you gave me 4 stars, you haven't actually provided a rating yet, according to the information provided as part of your question. In any event,

Thanks very much for using JustAnswer.com and good luck obtaining what you need from the SSA.

keeperumiami
keeperumiami