Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Last year I had to get a social security card on line

Customer Question
Hello! Last year...

Hello! Last year I had to get a social security card on line because I wasn't sent my info in the mail. In order for me to access my Social Security Card I have to enter my password ***** I forgot. Can I get a new number? Or what should I do?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

That's it. I just don't have the password *****!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/23/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 4 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The best and most expedient way to resolve your problem is to contact your local Social Security office. If you try the general published number(###) ###-####, you'll find that the wait time often approaches 1 hour and then you may be disconnected as they can't handle the volume of calls this time of the year.

So, to avoid that, I'll give you a link where, using your ZipCode, you can find the address and local telephone number of your closest local Social Security office. They will be able to assist you and the wait time is usually reasonable. Here's the link:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,