Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Our bank was just purchased by another bank, so I need to…

Customer Question
Our bank was just...

Our bank was just purchased by another bank, so I need to change the routing number and name of bank for me and my husband's automatic deposit of our social security checks. Carol and Konrad Kleeberg

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more do you need to know. The former bank was Peoples National Bank, and the new bank is now Community Banks of Colorado. We are Konrad and Carol Kleeberg, PO Box 1582, Monument, CO 8132

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No, just that we each need to change the bank information for our SS ck auto deposits.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/23/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, each of you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Thank you. I'll try

You're welcome.