Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I lost my SS card some years ago when my purse was stolen.

Customer Question
I lost my SS...

I lost my SS card some years ago when my purse was stolen. Now I need a card. How do I get it?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you want to know? My name is***** I was born in Birmingham, Alabama on December 23, 1929. My SS# *****###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I don't know. My maiden name was Bailey. My parents were William Z. Bailey and Nannie Sue Bailey.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/23/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 4 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Are you still a resident of Alabama?

If not, what state do you reside in currently, and do you have a driver's license from your current state of residence?

Here's a link to the page you need to obtain a duplicate Social Security card. Unfortunately, if you still reside in Alabama, you can't obtain a duplicate online, as the system for Alabama driver's licenses is not co-ordinated with the SSA systems.

You will need to scroll down to the second section of the page & follow the directions to obtain a duplicate card.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/

You will have to visit your local Social Security office. Here's another link where, using your ZipCode you can find the address and local telephone number of the closest local Social Security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Also, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,