How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7543
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my SS card some years ago when my purse was stolen.

Customer Question

I lost my SS card some years ago when my purse was stolen. Now I need a card. How do I get it?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What do you want to know? My name is***** I was born in Birmingham, Alabama on December 23, 1929. My SS# *****###-##-####
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know. My maiden name was Bailey. My parents were William Z. Bailey and Nannie Sue Bailey.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 8 months ago.

Are you still a resident of Alabama?

If not, what state do you reside in currently, and do you have a driver's license from your current state of residence?

Here's a link to the page you need to obtain a duplicate Social Security card. Unfortunately, if you still reside in Alabama, you can't obtain a duplicate online, as the system for Alabama driver's licenses is not co-ordinated with the SSA systems.

You will need to scroll down to the second section of the page & follow the directions to obtain a duplicate card.

You will have to visit your local Social Security office. Here's another link where, using your ZipCode you can find the address and local telephone number of the closest local Social Security office.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Also, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.