Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband was deceased in April of 2018 and I did not

My husband was deceased...

My husband was deceased in April of 2018 and I did not receive a 1099ss for this years taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

George A. Corliss, deceased April 23, 2018. Address at that time was***** Leominster, MA 01453. SSN###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I have moved but did not forward his mail. I think it may have been lost in mail

3/23/2018
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Please accept my deepest condolences for your family's loss.

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Please be aware that you may not have online account for the deceased person.

Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor