Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I get copy of SSA 1099. My mother-in-law passed away…

How can I get...

How can I get copy of SSA 1099. My mother-in-law passed away May 7, 2018. My husband is her representative and he did not receive her 1099.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We did not receive a 1099 for her 2017 Social Security payments.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Loren, Attorney

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. So, we do not have access to your personal information.

To get a copy of an 1099-SSA you can

1. call 1-***-***-**** or
  2. visit your local office or
  3. go to https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/i1099/main.html and order the form online.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

Personal Representative cannot get a copy online. My husband needs to get one for his deceased mother to file her income taxes.

He will need to order by mail, with a copy of the order of personal rep, or visit the local SSA office.

No

No what?

No, don't call.
Bye

You may get an offer for a phone call at an extra charge. That offer is not being made by me (the site makes it automatically) and you are not required to accept it to proceed. I am happy to continue online with you.

Thank you. Ordering by mail may take too much time. We need it to file Income Taxes by April 16th.

You can get an extension, if needed.

You may need to pay a visit to the local office then.

Loren, Attorney