Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can I claim my son who is collecting ssis and his son who is…

Can I claim my...

Can I claim my son who is collecting ssis and his son who is collecting some sort of of monies being that his is adhd autistic They live in one part of the house and I contribute to their needs also. The question is can I include them as dependants on my taxes. they also receive food stamps health ins

3/21/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You stated you contribute to their needs but you must have provided more than half of the individual's total support during the year.

"yes"? If you are saying you do then claim them as dependents.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer