Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Social Service is trying to recoup $15,000 overpayment....I…

Customer Question
Social Service is trying...

Social Service is trying to recoup $15,000 overpayment....I will get $0 for March and there on...What creates an overpayment ? I originally was on SSDI.....They stopped withdrawing my Part B. I have $0 to live on...I submitted another waiver last week.. How long should I wait to hear from them...anyone who will advocate for me and explain how this is happening.....thank you......Live in Lynn, MA

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Only if social security number is *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/22/2018
Social Security Expert: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
What is your fee for providing me with an answer?
Social Security Expert: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 months ago
Hello again,
I have forwarded your question regarding fees to Customer Service.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Social Security Expert: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Did the SSA deny your waiver? Have you asked for a reconsideration yet?

SSA has my waiver for their consideration.

If the SSA has your waiver, you will want to wait until the decision is made. Afterward, if you do not agree that you have been overpaid, or if you believe the amount is incorrect, you can appeal by filing Form SSA-561, Request for Reconsideration.

Note that you must file your Request for Reconsideration within 60 days of the date you received the letter telling you that Social Security denied your request to waive the overpayment.

If Social Security denies your Request for Reconsideration, you can appeal that decision.

To file your appeal from a denial of a waiver request, fill out a Request for Hearing by Administrative Law Judge form HA-501.

Greater Lynn Senior Services may be able to help you too. Here is their number:(###) ###-####/p>

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

I am not able to afford $52. Please remove the request for payment .