Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Wife died in 20 nov 2017 still even though supplied and so…

Customer Question
Wife died in 20...

Wife died in 20 nov 2017 still even though supplied and so di funeral home all information they even returned note I sent them and death certificate but astill have not received the 255 death benefits which am entitled to as surviving spouse how do I get that money

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No thats it they say in letter have all the info have asked repeatedly send me a check has not happened

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/21/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, it will take Social Security many months to issue the check for $255 death benefit to you.

My best advice would be to contact them once a week at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to make sure it doesn't "slip through the cracks."

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

what kind of answer is that wow it has been three months she died in nov if you call it takes about an hr to get someone will just go in to local office your worthless goodbye

I apologize if that was not the answer you wanted to hear, but it is the correct answer.

Best of luck to you in going to your local office.