Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my 2017 benefits so I can file my taxes, I…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my 2017 benefits so I can file my taxes

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need my 2017 earning statement to file my taxes. I cannot locate the one that was sent to me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/20/2018
Social Security Expert: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA. This is an information and education site.

This seems to be happening a lot this year. I have helped several people with this recently.

You actually need a 1099-R from social security that is the document that tells you what your Social Security income was last year.

There is a simple way to get your social security statements, both current and past.

You can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

OR

You can sign up for direct access to your Social Security Account. This progarm gives you direct access to your account, work history, statements, and SSA 1099 information.

Here is the link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

how much did this cost me?

I do not know. I do not work for Just Answer. I am an independnet expert. BUT you can call customer service at 1(###) ###-####/p>

to discuss the charges.

Kind regards,

Gerald

I see that you requested a call. There are additional charges for a call. I do not want you to spend extra money if it is not necessary. We can continue to post at no additional charge.