Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my direct deposit bank routing number. The…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my direct deposit bank routing number

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The Direct Deposit of my monthly check should be sent to another bank. The bank I was using has been purchased, and therefore the routing number for direct deposit has changed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb