Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my 1099. How can I get one? Our financial…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my 1099. How can I get one?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Our financial advisor is gathering data for our accountant. We do not have a copy of annual earnings for 2017. We need one to provide earnings for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Could you fax a copy to him? I have his fax #.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/20/2018
Social Security Expert: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA. This is an information and education site.

This seems to be happening a lot this year. I have helped several people with this recently.

You need a 1099-R from social security. That is the document that tells you what your Social Security income was last year.

There is a simple way to get your social security statements, both current and past.

You can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

OR

You can sign up for the My Socal Security access program here:

This progarm gives you direct access to your account, work history, statements, and SSA 1099 information.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald