Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Well I am retiring in May, and I need to apply for my Social…

Customer Question
Well I am retiring...

Well I am retiring in May, and I need to apply for my Social Security Benefit! Can I make an appointment at my nearest branch or do I have to just walk in?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to apply for my benefit, since I am retiring in May!

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No not really

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Social Security Expert: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA. This is an information and education site.

1)You can apply by making an appointment with your local office. Technically you can do a walk in but you are far better off with an appointment.

2) Also you can call 1-***-***-**** Monday Through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

3) You can also apply online here:

https://secure.ssa.gov/iClaim/rib

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Thank you!

You are very welcome. Congratulations on your retirement.