Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I never received my SS form 1099. Can I get a copy on line?

Customer Question
I never received my...

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I nver received my SS form 1099. Can I get a copy on line. If so how do I get it?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
3/20/2018
Social Security Expert: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA. This is an information and education site.

This seems to be happening a lot this year. I have helped several people with this recently.

You need a 1099-R from social security. That is the document that tells you what your Social Security income was last year.

There is a simple way to get your social security statements, both current and past.

You can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

OR

You can sign up for the My Socal Security access program here:

This progarm gives you direct access to your account, work history, statements, and SSA 1099 information.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please note we are not affiliated with the SSA.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney