Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want to know if I can receive benefits when I am 62. Iwant…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know if I can receive benefits when I am 62

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Iwant to receive benefits. At what age can I receive them?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I can tell you my SS number and work history...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/20/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is NOT associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can apply for Social Security benefits at age 62, but keep in mind that you will receive approximately 75% of your full benefit amount.

Full retirement age is 66, and that is when you will receive 100% of your benefit amount.

The best way to view your benefit amounts is to register for an online Social Security account.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb