Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need end of year 2017 ss statement for my tax return, can…

Customer Question
I need end of...

I need end of year 2017 ss statement for my tax return, can I get this on line?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need the final statement for the year 2017 showing benefit earning, deductions, etc.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

No, I need a copy for my accountant so she can file my income tax for 2017.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor