Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My SS report of total receipts for 2017 was lost getting to…

Customer Question
My SS report of...

My SS report of total receipts for 2017 was lost getting to our CPA. Can you tell me what I received in 2017 and what my husband received?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can you tell me what my husband, Ralph Reinhold Abele, 3/12/1933 and I, Mary Elsa Abele 4/1/1938. The papers got lost when sent to our CPA.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I can tell you our SS numbers for verification purposes.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm glad to type if that is faster. All I need is totals from 2017.
3/19/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.