Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Ow can I change my bank for direct deposit? I am changing my…

Customer Question
Ow can I change...

Ow can I change my bank for direct deposit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am changing my direct deposit from one Credit Union to another....what do I need to do?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/19/2018
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information for Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb