Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need my w2 for 2017. We have moved and lost mine and my…

Customer Question
I need my w2...

I need my w2 for 2017. We have moved and lost mine and my husbands need for irs

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need ss statement for 2017 for irs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
3/19/2018
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.