How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4217
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out if I am able to claim SS? I am 54,

Customer Question

I am trying to find out if I am able to claim SS ?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i am 54, now... Unemployed... Diabetic and under public assistance with Medicaid only
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Just want to know if I qualify to claim SS benefit ? What else would you like me to send ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unless you are disabled and your disability prevents you to get hired or keep a job OR a widow carrying of your deceased spouse child/children you are not eligible for reduced benefits until 62.