Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Citizen and I got very sick visiting New Zealand. I am 62…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** am US citizen and I got very sick visiting New Zealand

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 62 years old and I about to apply for Disability

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits properly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Yes. I have medical records (Surgery notes, MRI, tests, etc) from New zealand

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
The question is: should I supply all these records with my on-line application or I should go to see a doctor in US, bring all these med records from New Zealand to him? If the latter, what he should do?
I posted my question a week ago and I still didn’t get any answer.
Btw, I am in CA if it is relevant.
Answered in 6 days by:
3/23/2018
Social Security Expert: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Is your Expert able to answer my question? If yes, when approximately?
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

The question is: should I supply all these records with my on-line application

Response 1: No.

or I should go to see a doctor in US, bring all these med records from New Zealand to him?

Response 2: Yes.

If the latter, what he should do?

Response 3: I cannot tell you what the doctor "should do" because I do not work with the doctor. However, the doctor as a medical professional would evaluate you as a patient and make a record of it so that when he receives a request from Social Security Administration, which he will certainly get as part of evaluation of your disability, then the doctor would provide the record of your visits to the agency.

Goodluck with your application.

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

OK.
#2: I am aware that you don’t work with doctors but my understanding is that being a Social Security Expert you know what exactly SSA is looking for when evaluates disability applications.
I just moved to CA, bought a medical insurance and about to see a new doctor. I am assuming the worst scenario: this doctor has no experience in the process of disability applications. Therefore, I feel that I should know what is acceptable for SSA and guide him.
Also, I have a fairly complicated case. I read everything on SSA website regarding applying to disability. It is stated that a doctor’s opinion whether a patient is disabled is irrelevant. They also suggest to supply all relevant medical records with an application and if it is not enough, SSA will request and pay for any additional medical examination. In NZ during last year I had my colon removed, multiple fractures in my spine, osteoporosis, arthritis, etc. The list spreads between three groups of conditions:
-1.00 Musculoskeletal system- adult
- 5.00 Digestive system
- 14.09 Inflammatory ArthritisTherefore, my question remains: what should I request from a US doctor when I visit him and present all my medical records (surgery notes, MRI disk and reports, etc)?#1. In the Checklist for Online Adult Disability Application there are four groups of questions related to the medical history. What should I write in these sections?- Name, address and phone number of someone we can contact who knows about your medical conditions and can help you with your claim (is it a doctor or a disability lawyer?)
- List of your medical conditions (Should I write it or ask a doctor to write it?)
- Information about Doctors, Healthcare Professionals, Hospital and Clinics (Should I list all involved in my treatment in New Zealand?)
- Information about other medical records that may be available (from NZ?)#3. Is it a good idea to hire a disability lawyer or it is waste of money? Another words, is hiring a lawyer will increase my chance to get my disability application approved by SSA?

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Still waiting for an answer.
I posted my question on March 16 and I paid #38 by Paypal. For two weeks I didn't get any meaningful answer. Therefore, I would like to cancel your services and get my money back.