Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Does anybody know the maximum amount of earnings that you…

Does anybody know the maximum...
Does anybody know the maximum amount of earnings that you can have in New York City New York State to be eligible for Medicaid in a one person household 70 years old
3/15/2018
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

For detailed information - try this Pre-screen for Medicaid

https://access.nyc.gov/

Income level -

Non-MAGI Medicaid Levels for one person $825; Resource level $14,850

New applicants based on MAGI - - income level is 138% of federal poverty level - for 2018 - $16,643

.

http://www.wnylc.com/health/afile/15/396/

Persons over 65 who are not a parent or caretaker relative of minor children, anyone who has Medicare, and persons seeking to qualify for Medicaid based on a disability must apply for coverage through New York City's Human Resources Administration (HRA).

Eligible individuals can call the HRA Helpline at(###) ###-####or visit any one of HRA's Medical Assistance Program Offices.

.

Let me know if that helps.

I don’t understand what MAGI means and could you just give me exact numbers about what the level is because I don’t understand the explanation

For one person in NY - Medicaid income levels - $825; Resource level $14,850

What do you mean $825 and what does resource level means 14,850

$825 is monthly income limit to qualify

$14,850 is the total value of countable assets you may own and still qualify.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
But there’s so
Ergo g called expanded Medicaid ?
What is something called expanded Medicaid?

Correct - that is based on MAGI -

MAGI stands for Modified Adjusted Gross Income

- income level is 138% of federal poverty level (FPL) - for 2018 - $16,643 for a single person.